Discussions

Hello everyone, I am a new member to this site, just joined April 14th 2016.  I'm male, 38 years old and I have three children.  I am currently living with my partner who I have known for five years and been involved with romantically for a year.  We actually have a slightly trajic, extreamly Romantic, and often hilarious back story of how we met, became friends, and then became the true soul mates that we are today.  I may share that story someday when I get over my shyness lol.

A bit about me- My wife passed away in 2008 and I have been a single father since then.  I have a 17 yr old son, an 8 year old son and a 10 year old daughter.  I'm very shy around people that I don't know that well and a little off the wall with people I am comfortable around.  I don't get out much or associate with people offline as much due to my extreame social anxiety as well as other issues that I won't discuss right now.  Suffice to say, I tend to run and hide rather than face people.  I have a strange personality as well, I can go from complete clown to raging mad man in 0.2 seconds.  My inability to regulate emotions is another reason that I don't do well in social settings. 

I work from home writing poetry, short stories, and a novel that when finished I plan to get published.  I write alot of paranormal, mostly ghost stories or stories about witchcraft, though I have done some romance, comedy and even erotica.  For the most part though I would label myself as a horror writer.  I don't really get a lot into crimes stories, slasher type stories, or anything that is basically gratuitous violence, I tend to stick more to the supernatural genra.  Suprisingly though, only one thing that I have ever written ( the novel that I am currently working on) has actaully been about vampires.  I consider this novel my great work and rightly so due to teh fact that I have been working on it for teh greater part of my life.  I first got the idea for this novel when I was in JR high believe it or not, and I began working on it then, writing it in notebooks by hand.  When I was eighteen I got my very first type writer, an old manual one that my parents picked up at a yard sale.  That was the first time that my story had ever been typed up and I was overly excited to see the words looking back at me, printed in black ink against the crisp white paper, for the first time my dream actually seemed attainable to me.  In my late twenties I purchased my first computer and man, the world was mine then lol Mind you this was an old computer with the floppy disks that held very little information on them.  I had my book saved to about 5 of those little suckers.  Eventually I scrapped the entire story because my writing style had advanced over the years and I decided to re-write the entire thing which I think was a good idea since most of it had been written by a child.  This story itself spans over many  many years of my characters lives and through many generations so I actually have an entire series for this novel written in my head, I just haven't typed it all up yet. 

Well, I'm sure if anyone has stuck with this post thus long they are getting pretty bored by now lol I'll close now with saying that I am excited to be a member of this site, it's looks great.  Perhaps when I become more aquainted with the members here I will share more personal information about myself and not just ramble on about my writing lol.  By the way, I want to apoliqize for typos and missspelled words.  I have dyslexia so spelling is not my strong point thank God for spell check and also with having three kids, one of which is severly disabled, I don't sleep a lot and have the mental state of a zombie most days.

Comments
  1. No comments yet. Be the first to post a comment.

Moon Phase Today

V-TempleUVUP
***Discord Chat***

Now First Wednesday of the month from

7:30 PM EST till 9PM EST.

UNLESS it is on the 3rd it will then be on Wednesday

JOIN US HERE

This website is powered by Spruz