Discussions

Original Link: https://amadorvampyre.wordpress.com/2017/05/19/what-happens-when-a-vampire-gets-burned-out-in-the-vampire-community/

by amadorvampyre

How does anyone get burned out?  In general, I believe it comes from the frustration of one’s personal experience not being able to match up with one’s personal expectations.  There is nothing wrong with having expectations—the burnout comes when one is emotionally attached to having those expectations manifest in some reasonable facsimile to what one would like to happen.

Not that I think of myself as any sort of elder in the community, but I do see myself as “seasoned”….not anyone new to the Vampire Community, with some measure of time and experience in the Vampire and metaphysical communities.  I came in to the community, not wanting or needing to confirm any identification with the mythical Vampire image.  I had my own spiritual and psychic experience, up to that point that I entered….and fell in with others who shared similar experiences.  These others were gathering under the label of “psychic vampires” and “vampires”.

If we had gathered under one of the umbrellas of the psychic community, some group category like “clairvoyants” or “empaths”–that would have been completely fine with me.  For whatever reason, I found myself interacting with individuals who had comparable realities and who offered me information which made my navigation through my personal world much easier.

Here’s where the positive benefits gets mixed in with the negative–just as any group is not going to only have those who are blessings to our lives, there are also individuals who bring in interactions which are not as productive or beneficial.  We fall into these interactions to the degree which we have the same negative issues or can entertain these issues.  Some of them are not completely bad, but they can sometimes be as simple as distracting us from more positive activities.  Non-productive or wastes of time.

I have come to my own way of understanding my personal experience.  This includes my perception of what I understand as my mental, emotional and spiritual events.  Maybe to some degree, I am using what I think of as “real” to me as the gauge to what I can relate to in others.  Because I constantly evaluate whether my perception is based on accurate observation or wishful thinking, whether my observation is on my subjective experience or objective reality….I expected that all other members of the Vampire Community did the same.  It might have been unfair of me to assume that all members of the Community had the same level of metaphysical leanings, and therefore the same way of working with information.

What seems to be a common trend in many online Vampire groups is the preoccupation with the imagery of the Fictional Vampire.  This includes flooding groups with dark artwork and some role playing.  On one hand, I want to respect everyone’s desire to share whatever information/art that they want.  On the other hand, one part of my brain feels like I was introduced into the Vampire Community under the precept of meeting with individuals who had similar life experiences.  The other precept was that we gather to enrich each other’s lives with relevant information and to support each other socially, simply because we are alike.

Life is full of grey areas–unwritten, unspoken expectations…vague agreements and understandings.  No guarantees.  How much right do I have to disagree or complain because my expectations on what I wanted to experience in the Vampire Community are not being met to the degree to which I envisioned?  Do I have any right to try to make and keep a space that is accordance with my vision of what I want to experience?

Isn’t that what everyone does, without even thinking about it?

Right now, I am still in a state of transition.  I will see what develops naturally.

Comments
  1. No comments yet. Be the first to post a comment.

Moon Phase Today

V-TempleUVUP
***Discord Chat***

Now First Wednesday of the month from

7:30 PM EST till 9PM EST.

UNLESS it is on the 3rd it will then be on Wednesday

JOIN US HERE

This website is powered by Spruz