Discussions

Original Link: https://nypost.com/2017/12/18/bryant-park-pigeon-vampire-may-land-a-plea-deal/

By Emily Saul

The self-proclaimed “vampire” who bit the heads off two Bryant Park pigeons to slurp their blood as bystanders watched in horror could be looking at a plea deal. Defense attorney Caitlyn Hall told the judge Monday that she and prosecutors were working to hammer out an unspecified treatment-based agreement for Daniel Ventre, who stood groggily by her side.

When Manhattan Judge Josh Hanshaft greeted Ventre — who is homeless and spent the three hours prior to his appearance conked out on the floor of the courthouse halls — the defendant mumbled, “I’m awake.” Ventre faces up to a year behind bars on animal-cruelty charges if the plea falls through. He left the courtroom silently, toting a reusable shopping bag featuring images of smiling dogs.

The 34-year-old terrified parkgoers in August when he descended on the unsuspecting birds and tore off their heads with his teeth, witnesses told The Post.

“I”m a vampire. I love to eat and suck the blood out of pigeons,” Ventre announced to an officer who responded to the scene, where he discovered the man frolicking in a fountain.

Ventre “was holding up the pigeons and drinking their blood, letting the blood drip down his shirt,” a witness recalled at the time.

“He was covered in blood. He said he was a vampire. It was pretty disgusting.”

Ventre is slotted to return to court in February.

Comments
  1. No comments yet. Be the first to post a comment.

Moon Phase Today

V-TempleUVUP
***Discord Chat***

Now First Wednesday of the month from

7:30 PM EST till 9PM EST.

UNLESS it is on the 3rd it will then be on Wednesday

JOIN US HERE

This website is powered by Spruz