Discussions

Original Link: https://amadorvampyre.wordpress.com/2017/12/29/vwa-vampires-with-anxiety/

One of the reasons that I didn’t initially relate to being a Modern Vampire is that I had high levels of anxiety.  In my mind, a vampire was a cool, calm, collected, and centered being who either had their feelings totally in check or didn’t feel any strong emotion at all.

As I became familiar with the members of the modern Vampire Community, I became acutely aware that anxiety–as well as all of the other psychological and emotional disorders–are just as common in modern Sanguivores and Psychic Vampires, as they are in any other special group.  However–role players, aspirants and outsiders seem to play into the idea of the Fictional Vampire being emotionally cold or overly controlling of their emotions.  Despite evidence of legitimate Sanguinism or the need to energetically feed, sometimes the presence of anxiety is taken as an indication that one CANNOT be a Modern Vampire.  There is the idea that a “real” Vampire is perfect and not subject to any of the human illnesses or disorders.

Looking at the defining characteristics for Modern Vampires, there is the obligatory need for a Sanguivore to ingest blood and for a Psychic Vampire to feed on energy from a donor.  Beyond that–the human history, psychological health, and physical health of the individual can vary.  There is no guarantee that the vampire in question will be free from any particular emotional or physical disorder.

Speaking for myself, when my physical health is off, I feel my anxiety levels rise.  I suffer from generalized anxiety and have panic attacks, with less provocation than usual needed for an attack when I am physically unwell.  Since my body seems to be more delicate than the people around me, I’ve noticed that just letting my physical body get too hungry, I will feel more anxious…when only a snack will help me feel better.

As in the case of many Psychic Vampires, there is a notable decline in physical health because of the correspondingly low amount of vital energy being available in the subtle bodies.  An energetically-hungry Psychic Vampire is more prone to anxiety because of the imbalance on the subtler levels.

An emotional imbalance in the Energy Vampire might make it a bit harder for the vampire to interact with possible donors.  Ambient feeding is most easily done when the feeder is not drawing attention to themselves–when they are not nervous in any way and can blend into the crowd.

Direct feeding involves gaining permission from the donor.  To get express permission from a Donor, one needs to first interact with said Donor.  Being anxious is most likely to scare or put off others.  Especially if the Donor is not intimately familiar with the possible human flaws (including, anxiety) of Psychic Vampires, the idea that the feeding vampire does not fit the cliché of the supernaturally-healthy creature of myth, might prevent a feeding.

If you are experiencing anxiety, by all means perform all of the practical remedies.  And, if you are an obligate energy feeder, perform feeding in which you do not have to interact with other humans, to see if this anxiety is primarily hunger-induced.  Ambient feed from locations and groups that have large amounts of excess vital and psychic energy.  Also, engage in astral feeding and pull in energy from as many natural sources as possible (solar prana, earth prana, air prana).  Keeping energetically nourished might help prevent hunger-induced anxiety and nervousness.

Comments
  1. No comments yet. Be the first to post a comment.

Moon Phase Today

V-TempleUVUP
***Discord Chat***

Now First Wednesday of the month from

7:30 PM EST till 9PM EST.

UNLESS it is on the 3rd it will then be on Wednesday

JOIN US HERE

This website is powered by Spruz