Discussions

Hi y’all,

Names Serene Shiloh, born and raised in Texas. i am new, and have been quietly in the shadows watching the flow of yall’s online community. It’s unfortunate that there’s not as much info as there is drama. It may be fun for y’all but unless i dig into web pages, take chances on a poorly written book, the ovc seems to serve us newer folk very little as well. I had hoped to find Better explanations on y’all s ways; and more info on types of vamps/kins/donors/ people actually giving good info/ deeper discussions/ etc, granted there’s activity in the vcnews. However, that seems to be for people fully aware already, and or have some type of direction. Meanwhile, the remainder of groups seem silent…unless, of course drama eye roll

Everyone discusses “great community” and “oh there’s more to the vc” tho few to none say what or how that makes the foundation of such “greatness”… (Again, no room for discussion…)
I have also seen false info from those who seem to be number collectors yet not teaching a thing; or what is taught is poor information n based for gains or attempted fame- yet they still remain in the ovc…how? Honestly, if some people are seen in a negative view by the trusted community shouldn’t they be kicked from certain pages all together? Especially if y’all know they spread false info which could confuse, hinder, or give the community a bad name…..

At the moment- it appears people are either very “in crowd” and only those who are can talk… Then there’s “the others” who seem to be new, and get brushed to the back, not given time of day, or hardly welcomed … which makes any new person hesitate on actually engaging in convo.

I don’t know exactly what needs to change to better the OVC. Tho, It would be great to learn Better info on what is actually apart of the vc and what is not…. making educational discussion topics, rather than “my fangs look better than yours type of debates” or the “you can’t sit with us” popularity mindset…

Anyway, a Ls I have been apart of for over a decade has changed some as well. Yet we educate both sides (old school n newer generation-TNG) and allow them to choose…

Bdsm -littles/middles/daddies/brats/tamers aren’t considered to be apart of U/us but they consider them self to be…. they’re TNG and not built from the old school Bdsm – note: not old guard that’s another convo different group bases -… some have accepted them due to this “newer times/ newer generation/ everyone gets a trophy concept”… tho, we old folks have reservations when we see them about trying to change things. we debate with facts rather than nonsense when we see them spread false truth as well….( if that makes sense)

In our bdsm ls/community we discuss vetting methods, safety procedures, contracts, reporting problems, warning signs of the harmful or fakes. We make polls on what could be discussed that week to better educate people; making them think rather than making them run. We Share trusted articles from webpages, or write up our own based on facts, we also create a files space with definitions ….why? Because they come to us seeking help, trusting us as an online source to bring forth answers… they came to us for a reason, and lets face it not everything on the web holds truth so we try to uphold it…. with all these years under our belts it’s our responsibility to help others know the difference. We try to help, and state facts of bdsm vs. Tumblr, memes, and 50 shades of stupid😉

Back to topic- digging through webpages looking for good information is kinda tough when you don’t know truth from fiction, and the ovc is everything but informative and simply combative… yet many are struggling for answers with “what is happening to me” and no solid direction of answers or people to seek out…. maybe y’all could adopt and apply some of the methods we use in my Ls? It really works… maybe things posted should be approved by those trusted within the ovc, and use filters to not approve bull crap or number collecting people? ..or better organization with distribution of proper information… (shrugs)

So, how have i managed? I was lucky enough to meet a few trusted members who give links, answer questions with no judgment, and have had patience as my journey had begun…but most importantly gave a solid direction then let me learn truth within self. They are generous with their time to teach, and warn when info learned holds no truth but still my choice to seek after….truthfully wish there were more like minded people. I was telling them what I was reading, sending Screenshots of articles, or pics of books, and links. Where they would chuckle and mention with facts how that information was Hollywood, overblown, or that person is cult like… they would have to take time to give me factual links, videos, books list
Because these aren’t already generated n available in one set location in the vc…

. I know there’s good information out there and it could be wise to monitor n spread the truth in a set place approved by the elders of y’alls community, no? Rather than letting the newly awakened or blind lead them self… only for them to then get laughed at cause they learned wrong🤔

Yea, y’all don’t need to all be unified. Just maybe have the same goal (in my opinion) teach/ share/ inform/ have fun without the dramatics that seem childish n distasteful to newcomers…be of the same person you hoped for or had when first learning….

Comments
  1. No comments yet. Be the first to post a comment.

Moon Phase Today

V-TempleUVUP
***Discord Chat***

Now First Wednesday of the month from

7:30 PM EST till 9PM EST.

UNLESS it is on the 3rd it will then be on Wednesday

JOIN US HERE

This website is powered by Spruz