Discussions

I have put almost no research into the ingredient past what I learned in my own kitchen. What I do know is that I seem to be the only person using this in incense, or at least the only one talking about it. While I have seen it used as a tea for treating menses issues, and that would be the reason I had it, aside from the very general association of berries with lunar herbs, this one looks like a Nox-ism.

Back when it looked like combustible incense relied on things I didn't have to work with, I quite literally went though my whole kitchen and started test burning anything I could think of. The logic for testing leaves was pretty straight forward. If you use grass or dry leaves to kindle a fire, then maybe leaves I cook with are also flammable enough to keep incense burning. I spent hours with a tweezers and a lighter, taking notes as I went.

It was love at first burn.

Light, dewy, green, fresh, and just slightly sweet and fruity, the smoke easily evokes thoughts of a beautiful moonlight summer night when fruit hangs ripe on trees. It's something of a delicate base fragrance, but it's echo tends to linger in the smoke as top notes fade. My hunch that it would keep a mix going was spot on, and what it adds to delicate oils can be wonderful.

That said, it's also got it's own special challenges. It's fluffy. Very fluffy. So far the only way I have gotten it to shape well is to fuss with psyllium seed husk fiber while keeping it at just the right moisture. It needs to be re-kneaded and moistened though rolling quite often, or the mix gets too many air bubbles to burn.

It's also one of the less attractive materials I work with. When ground too fine, it will leave light specks though a colored mix that just don't take food color. It also stubbornly curves as it dries, no matter how much time I give the wet mix. As a gift ideal, incense made with this one just lack on the visual front.

That said, one of my earliest successes is still one of my favorite fragrances, and it needs the raspberry leaf for both steady burn and scent. I find it well worth the fuss to replicate. I highly recommend that if yo have raspberry brambles in the area or a local suppler of herbal teas that you give it a chance. This one is also a very stable fragrance, not making notable shifts from dry to wet to dry again, so you can cut much of the fuss by adding it to non combustible formulas.

Happy blending.

Comments
  1. No comments yet. Be the first to post a comment.

Moon Phase Today

V-TempleUVUP
***Discord Chat***

Now First Wednesday of the month from

7:30 PM EST till 9PM EST.

UNLESS it is on the 3rd it will then be on Wednesday

JOIN US HERE

This website is powered by Spruz