Discussions

Sanguine vampyres, or Sanguinarians, are people who drink blood because they need it for their well being either human or animal blood. Sanguine Vampyres are born with this condition. The reaction to this is a minor headache or fatigue. they become aware or in touch with this condition, and become "Awakened". during puberty or  a later in life depending on the person. During that time, Sanguines Vampyres get cravings for blood and sensitive to certain lights. They will become more aware and awake when they feed. the blood is taken from a donor. They must first check there donors blood to make sure it is safe. How does one know if they are a sanguine vampyre? They generally like blood and get cravings for it if they have tasted it either by accident or desired to taste it and most like the taste a lot. this is a harder condition to identity because most do not give into the cravings and have to learn how to feed. However, it is not the blood itself that they are feeding on. It is the life-force energy contained within the blood. Blood drinking is arguably the most potent form of feeding on life-force energy, and many sanguinarians can thrive for many weeks from a single feeding. (A single feeding is often about an ounce or two of blood taken from a willing donor.) Sanguinarians often describe blood drinking as a very fulfilling, very powerful and somewhat intoxicating experience. It also tends to be a rather intimate form of feeding. 

© Rev. JP Vanir 

(originally posted Oct 17th 2015)

Sanguine Vampirism 101

Originl Link http://www.vampire-church.com/Vampirism101.html 

Written by Belfazaar Ashantison

A vampire is a person who, for whatever reason, is unable to generate or maintain the needed prana for health and vigor. Imagine for a moment that a person is a glass,and that glass has a tap that is slowly dripping water into it. Now, as the tap drips, the cup fills and, when it's full, overflows. As the cup fills, so does the healthy person. All living things generate (or accumulate - it's still debated as to where the prana actually comes from) and contain prana. Now imagine that the cup has a crack in it, so that water leaks out of it faster than the tap can refill it. This is analogous with the vampire. For some reason (which is also still debated), a vampire cannot maintain a level of prana required for good health and vigor. So what to do? You take the full, whole cup, and pour half of it into the broken cup. The undamaged cup then begins to refill as normal, and the cracked glass holds more water longer. Such is it with vampires and their donors."

If this seems a bit confusing read the full article: http://www.kinvisions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140]

Sanguine Vampires are real life Vampires who have little to no aptitude with Psionics and therefore must get their energy supplement through blood. Often times this practice is seen as risky and a last resort due to STI’s and other blood borne diseases.

In this end of the culture Donors are few and far between, once a donor has been found for a vampire they often times become inseparable, the connection and the relationship is often for the majority of a life time, due to the seriousness of health issues arising. Sanguine Vampire’s often wrestle more with the Beast than others, due to the nature of the craving being somewhat physical. Often times they are more alert to someone who is bleeding – be it from a cut, a nose bleed, or feminine issues – often times knowing from fifty to a hundred feet. Depending on the last time they fed, they can be sent into a fit because of it.

The high that a Vampire receives from blood is often times the opposite of the high from Psi. While Psi will often leave someone refreshingly relaxed, the high from blood will often awaken the senses, making colors sharper, smells more predominate, and sounds clearer. Sanguines often times have to feed less often than Psi’s do, though the high doesn’t last nearly as long; ranging from 30 seconds to 30 minutes, depending on the amount drank and the condition of both the donor and the vampire.

Sanguines will often crash faster as well. While a Psi might have a few hours or even a few days to know that they’re going to have to feed; Sanguines often have less than an hour, and sometimes no warning. Most Sanguine Vampire’s I have met also practice Psionics less than Psionic Vampire’s (Duh) and therefore usually have less mental will to break and control the beast. They are more subject to it.

Blood Letting History/Theory:

The first and most common Bloodletting practice was well established before the Fifth Century B.C and was called Phlebotomy – The term "phlebotomy" is still sometimes used for the taking of blood for laboratory analysis or blood transfusion – but it was in the fifth century when Surgeons/Barbers started to heavily practice it. Which is why the red and white stripped pole became the symbol of Barbers and still is today; the pole represented the stick squeezed to dilate the patient’s veins.

At the time it was logical to believe that all ailments could be cured by Starving, Vomiting, Purging, or Bloodletting; being that the four body humors were Blood, Yellow Bile, phlegm, and Black Bile.

It wasn’t until the Mayflower that Bloodletting reached North America. It is said that the first US President – George Washington – died from a throat infection after being drained of 9 pints of blood in 24 hours; the average blood donation today is one pint, and will not be taken any more than once every eight weeks any more is deemed dangerous. Though this was uncommon, it was common to drain one to four pints – sixteen to thirty ounces – of blood. Often times the blood was caught in either a shallow bowl, or a small flint cup (this practice was known as Cupping and was used between the 17th and 19th centuries).

Bloodletting is discouraged by many religions and endorsed by few. As blood is seen as the life force of all things and it is unacceptable to ‘steal’ it; even if the procedure will help the patient. I remember there was a case in the States where the daughter of a Mormon family ended up being diagnosed with leukemia, and her parents would not get her a blood transfusion because it was against their religion (Side note: the parents were deemed unfit and the child was put up for adoption and is/was undergoing treatment).

Common Bloodletting Devices:

The Lancet:
The lancet was the first noted device used for Phlebotomy. It was used far before the fifth century, and required that they practitioner manually puncture the vein. Often times quite a few shallow cuts were made to assist in this. Lancets are extremely easy to get a hold, and pharmacy will have them.

The Spring Loaded Lancet:
Later in the 18th century the spring Lancet was developed. It was ‘cocked’ and then ‘fired’ by a small trigger. The spring driven lancet was then driven into the vein.

The Fleam:
The Fleam was the most heavily used type of lancet in the 18th and 19th century. Though many varieties exist the most noted had a wooden Fleam that drove the lancet into the vein. The operation of this device was similar to the Spring Loaded Lancet; this device was most commonly used by Veterinarians.

The Scarificator:
The Scarificator was a device that used twelve blades, which once cocked were powered by a rotary spring, the blades would cause many shallow cuts. This device was also in popular use during the 18th century. Oddly enough the Scarificator is considered one of the more humane bloodletting devices.

The Knife:
This is the most commonly used device in modern bloodletting techniques – not because of it’s efficiency, but because of it’s ease of use – though those that use a knife for bloodletting techniques are often shown that a modern Lancet is easy to obtain and is much more effective. But still Cutting is the most common technique, though one rarely gets enough blood to satisfy and the cuts often leave moderate to horrible scars on the donor. I personally use a modern spring loaded lancet, which vaguely resembles an Epi Pen (A device used commonly by diabetics and those with severe allergic reactions).

The Needle:
While not as traditional, it also has the addition of measurements – Usually in milliliters – on the side. Though I am aware of only one way of getting these is if you have an animal with allergies, there may be others, but I am not sure.

Personal Recommendation:

A standard non-spring Loaded Lancet is more than sufficient (though Needles are better I have no idea where to get them without special circumstances).

Bloodletting Technique:

Often times this is seen as a hard process to do right and an easy one to do wrong.

While being precise when drawing large quantities of blood is
STRONGLY RECOMMENDED often times it takes no more than a mouthful or two to satisfy ones craving.

*Safety Tip* The Red Cross dictates that anymore than one pint drawn any more frequently than once in eight weeks is dangerous to ones health.
DO NOT EXCEED 1 PINT/ 473.18 ML PER EIGHT WEEKS
*End Safety Tip*

The technique is simple; as I go through each technique I will outline safety rules, and guidelines for safe bloodletting.

Bloodletting:
When bloodletting with a lancet/needle of any type – Lancets may be spring loaded or otherwise mechanical – always prep the vein, much the same when you go to the doctor/red cross to have blood taken; which all of you should be tested at least once a year (My personal recommendation is once every six months, both the Vampire and the Donor are to be checked if the blood is to be drank).

Prepping the vein is simple, often done with a tourniquet of some sort. The best and most simple I have found is a strip of fabric, a tie for example.

You tie off the vein above where you want to lance. Often times a place that can be hidden from view with a t-shirt is a good idea, the bicep has one such vein in it (the other decent spot is in the crook of the elbow, as that is where the medical profession prefers to draw blood from, and the wound can be covered up with a quick “oh I donated blood”). Once you have the area tied off, the easiest way to make the vein visible is to tap the arm around where the vein is. This is cause the vein to dilate. Once dilated you need to pierce the vein with your lancet. This can be difficult as some people have veins that will tend to roll and move. The thing to remember is that if you miss the vein don’t move the lancet to hit it, retract and try again. If you move the lancet while it is still piercing the skin there will be a huge mark instead of a small pinhole.

Once the vein is pierced pull the lancet out, and remove the tourniquet. Often times the blood will not squirt out, but it will drip and you can drip it into a glass. The other option is to buy a blood test kit; which is basically a spring loaded lancet with a vacuumed tube at the end (Basically the same thing that the doctors use to draw blood for testing). The donor should flex their muscles as this will cause the blood to flow better.

Typically it’s recommended that you know the volume of the dish you’re using to ‘catch’ the blood in, so you know how much you have taken, incase you need another fix before the eight week period is up. A small wine glass is often more than enough; sometimes no more than one ounce is needed.

*Safety Tip* Blood drinkers and Blood Donors should each keep track of how much blood has been drawn. For instance, let’s say you take 10CC’s – which is the same as 10ML – everyday. In a week that’s only 70ML. But do the same for eight weeks – or two months – and you come out with more than 2 Cups of blood, which is almost 87 ML over the set limit. KEEP TRACK OF THE AMOUNT OF BLOOD DRAWN *End Safety Tip*

Awakening As a Sanguine Vampire: 

Awakening as a Sanguine Vampire is often no different from awakening as any other vampire. Every Vampire gets the craving for blood, not matter Sang or Psi; any difference might come in how much. While a Psi can be content with energy – be it sent or gathered – a Sanguine most likely won’t be, it will sedate the Beast a little but they will still be craving blood. For Sanguine Vampires it is often a partially physical craving, something about the taste and the feeling of it sitting in your stomach will settle you. It’s not only the energy rush, but there is also the physical aspect of it.

The rush itself is more physical, and often an awakening vampire will spin out of control for the first while if not properly guided. The high is better than any drug man has developed, and like any drug it causes an addiction. One that’s hard to break because it is a physical addiction, your body needs it. If anyone out there has ever tried to quit smoking, or tried to quit any hard drug, they know how hard it can be. Breaking a Blood addiction is harder than all them combined (I’ve quit smoking and quit Cocaine, they were a piece of cake, but I still need a blood fix once in a while, though I am trying and somewhat succeeding in stopping that as well).

While an awakening Psi Vampire can have the unusual ability to blend without much trying, and awakening Sanguine Vampire has a much harder time. Psi Vampire’s are for the most part under the radar of “normal” society, Sanguine Vampire’s are much easier to spot. They will often stare or drool at the sight of blood; it’s a subconscious reaction and takes a fair amount of control to stop.

Most awakening Sanguine Vampire’s are usually either very keenly aware that what they crave is abnormal, or they are not aware at all (I’ve met both types, I won’t say which I was). There are some Sanguine Vampire’s who wrestle with their issues inwardly, it rarely and barely shows on the outside. Others don’t wrestle with what they are at all, they embrace it. AngryDuck again outlined this very well in his article. The personality types of Vampires. (I don’t want to steal a lot of material or sound like I am sucking up, but he is older – in vampiric terms – than I and far wiser, therefore as I could not do it as good and it needs to be said I will quote the master once more)

**EDIT** It has come to my attention that I misread and AngryDuck did not read this, infact Michelle Belinger of House Kheperu did, I correct myself and give her Credit for this... Thank you Ms Belinger **End Edit**

"DARWINIAN" VAMPIRISM

Adherents of Darwinian Vampirism hold that taking energy is a right. This is pure survival of the fittest. Darwinian Vampires do not ask for energy - they simply take it because they can. This can include individuals who take energy out of legitimate need as well as those magickal workers who have learned techniques for the taking of energy.

This is the least ethical attitude on vampirism. These are the people who attack you at clubs and other public places without provocation, and they are the very visible minority that gives the rest of us a bad name. I do not endorse Darwinian Vampirism, and in fact, I have devoted many years to combating this attitude within the community.

ROBIN HOOD VAMPIRISM

The next approach to psychic vampirism is Robin Hood Vampirism. Here you rob from the rich to sustain the poor. Robin Hood vampires don't take from just anyone. They target people who have an abundance of energy, justifying this through the notion that these people have "more than enough" and won't really miss it in the long run.

Otherkin and other high-energy Awakened are frequently targeted by Robin Hood vampires. But this is hardly justification to "steal" from them, as they are no more responsible for their energy largesse than a psychic vampire is responsible for their need. While "theft" from those with an abundance of energy can be justified in truly extreme circumstances, such circumstances are in fact rare and typically this approach is just an excuse to victimize others.

PRAGMATIC VAMPIRISM

Next up is Pragmatic Vampirism. This is all about grey areas. The basic goal of a Pragmatic Vampire is to feed only from willing and capable donors. However, the Pragmatist acknowledges that some circumstances give a vampire no other choice but to feed from someone without their permission or suffer terribly him or herself. Self-sacrifice is balanced against infringement upon others. When a Pragmatic vampire has no source outside of unwilling targets, they engage in a weighing of needs. The Pragmatist will consider the potential discomfort of the target, their likely recovery time, as well as the invasion of privacy constituted by psychic attack. 

Next, the Pragmatist considers his own discomfort and potential loss of well-being if no energy is forthcoming. Further factors include the danger the psi-vamp places himself in as well as those around him if his need deepens, as well as the likelihood that an opportunity for consensual feeding will present itself within a certain window of time. All these considerations are weighed against each other, and the ultimate decision differs from case to case based on the balance of needs.

SUSTAINABLE VAMPIRISM

After the Pragmatist comes the adherent of Sustainable Vampirism. Sustainable Vampires make the "noble sacrifice" of enduring hunger and privation in order to protect others from their needs. Practitioners of Sustainable Vampirism will feed only upon consenting donors even though these are rare and hard to come by. When donors are not available, Sustainable Vampires will limit themselves to ambient feeding, a technique which draws in the loose, free-floating energy given off by crowds. This energy is plentiful but not very sustaining, and over a long period of time, it fails to support anything more than minimal functionality.

There are two main problems with Sustainable Vampirism. One, consenting donors are very rare. This leaves most Sustainable psi-vamps to feed only upon ambient energy. This is the second problem. While ambient energy will suffice for basic survival, this comes at a high cost of mental, spiritual, and physical well-being and functionality. This means the follower of Sustainable Vampirism protects the rights of others at costly sacrifices to themselves.

FURTHER CONSIDERATION

If you are still of the opinion that a psychic vampire should "do the right thing" and sacrifice their needs for the protection of others, there is another consideration that must be added to the equation. As mentioned before, in true psychic vampires, a need for energy is inherent and their ability to take energy can be exercised whether they are conscious of this or not. If a psychic vampire does not consciously feed, then at some point when their need becomes great enough, survival instincts will kick in.

What does this mean? This means that whether they intend to or not, a psychic vampire who is in deep need will suck in energy indiscriminately from their environment. Anyone they come into contact with will be fair game, and since there is no conscious exercising of this intake, there is also no conscious control. Starving psychic vampires will unintentionally dream-walk to others, especially those they have a significant emotional, mental, or energetic connection to, and they will also pull energy down through any connections or links they have to others.

Essentially, a starving psychic vampire becomes an energetic black hole, and as nature abhors a vacuum, any person the vampire has contact with will have energy taken away in order to fill this.

Thus, as noble as they might sound, Sustainable Vampirism and especially the more severe Vegetarian Vampirism are actually shortsighted approaches to ethical behavior. In the short term, they serve the "greatest good," but in the long term, this service falls apart. Control over a potentially destructive habit is only worthwhile as long as it can be maintained, and if a particular approach puts you in danger of losing control, then the ethics of that approach are compromised.

CONCLUSION: THE MIDDLE PATH

As defined at the outset of this presentation, an ethical choice acknowledges the rights of the individual while also acknowledging the rights of others as individuals. Ethical behavior, then, is essentially a balance between selfishness and selflessness that allows for the greatest benefit and protection of all involved.

Through different periods of my life, I have tried all five of these approaches. Darwinian and Robin Hood Vampirism trample the rights of others, while Vegetarian and Sustainable Vampirism sacrifice the rights of the self. Although self-sacrifice has long been forwarded by our culture as the most noble of ideals, when applied to practical reality, it remains an ideal only. Self-sacrifice devalues the worth of the self just as purely selfish behavior devalues the worth of others as individuals. This leaves us with the Middle Path, that of the Pragmatist Vampire, a path which I support and currently uphold.

While this is written in application for Psi Vampire’s it applies strongly to all Vampires. The only consideration is that Sanguine Vampire’s often have the law to consider."

Dealing with it in everyday life:

To answer this I have to first tell of the Beast.

Vampires often have to deal with their own inner natures everyday, most of the time more than once, some wrestle with it every second of that day. Sometimes this struggle for power is evident, other times it boils just below the surface.

For any Vampire a confrontation with the inner Beast is not to be taken lightly. It’s often very tiring, and very stressful.

There isn’t much I can relate this to, save for perhaps ideas and concepts that would make anyone question my sanity, but that in and of itself is a description, because it does make one question them when the Beast starts feeding them ideas. The Beast for me is like a shapeless shadow in the back of my head. Often times when I find myself wanting something, or being tempted by something, especially if it is Vampire related – IE Blood, and Psi – or in times when there is Violence around me or someone is trying to make me Violent, the Beast inside me will rear up. It’s the ideas, the images, that come to mind, the things I would LOVE to do if I were unrestricted. The Bast is like your “bad conscience” whispering in your ear, except it only speaks when you are tempted by blood, the possibility of blood, or psi, or something else that you could feed on, or let loose on.

I’ve never had my Beast tell me to steal something, and I’ve never had my Beast tell me to hold up a convenience store. But I’ve had it tell me all sorts of things. Often times the Beast inside me will tell me what I should be seeing when I am reading someone. Often times I will pass someone on the street and the Beast will tell me some random idiotic fact about them.

How vampires deal with the Beast is often very similar to how anyone deals with cravings, but there is often the added step of calming ones self afterwards, because the Beast knows how to get your juices flowing. From Anger, to sexual frustration, to the Thirst, the Beast can get you wanting anything. As far as relief from the Beast: there is giving in, and there is postponement until you give in. I find it doesn’t have a habit of going away easily, unless the catalyst that caused it to come out leaves.

Dealing with Cravings:

Every Vampire has cravings; Psi’s have the ability and capacity to satisfy these with a light snack wherever they happen to be. For a sanguine this could get messy and awkward, one can’t just carry around a little satchel or flask of blood with them.

Often times Sanguines have to just bite their lip as it were – this is where the whole not taking one pint in an evening comes in. If you do that you’re on your own for eight weeks afterwards, not a fun trip. Take only what you need, save it so you can get some later – till they happen to get home, or to a haven where they can get some blood or a suitable substitute.

Substitutes:
I’ve heard a lot of theories on this, what works and what doesn’t, but I am just going to go over some of the more common ones.

Warm Milk
If this is done properly it does work, but to get it to work you have to do two things.

One is heat the milk till it boils, this releases a chemical in the Milk, the chemical that makes you tired. It will also change the texture to something more suitable to work as a substitute. Once it has cooled to body temperature you meet half the requirements.

Second, once it is cool, if the sanguine is adept with energy work, or if there is anyone present who is, the milk should be charged with psi, either from the air and compressed into it, or from another source – please note that the vampire doing this will do nothing for them, as it will be their energy that they just gave up and they are trying to gain more energy. Get it? – that is readily available.

The combination of the warm milk sleepy feeling and a belly full of energy should by rights make you a little groggy, this will take away from the sharpness of the craving as well.

Aspirin
Bullshit, this is a common one that I hear, as the Thirst is often described as a Hunger Pain. This has NEVER worked for me.

Why should it, everything you’re feeling is a result of metaphysical conditions around and within you. It has nothing to do with the physical plane, so why should a pain killer work to ease that suffering?

Smoking/getting high
Bullshit, if anything, this will sharpen your Thirst, because you just gave into one craving, and because now you’ve altered your perception.

Granted smoking a cigarette will dull the craving WHILE you're smoking, but afterwards, it comes back stronger. Nicotine is a sort of designer drug; it fools your body into thinking it’s going to die. This causes the body to release endorphins which calm you. While yes this can be beneficial, it doesn’t last long enough to be worth the effort. For a Vampire the craving is often strong enough to come back before that last Cigarette has hit the ground, let alone be put out.

Getting high is just a poor idea. You know the munchies; think blood munchies. It makes the craving worse. Though some people notice that they can focus better, it also fucks with your perception of right and wrong and socially acceptable. In short it can lead a starving Vampire down some bad roads. Because any opening for the beast to take control is an opening it’s willing to take.

Many seem to think rare meat will help but I believe that is BS as it is dead energy so I dontt recommend it

V8 Juice or Clamato Juice 

Chewing on a Penny/metal coin

Bullshit, complete and utter bullshit; this will make you crave blood more. Because now you will have a somewhat similar taste in your mouth and there will be nothing there still, this is a bit like chewing gum when you’re already hungry.

If you chew gum when you’re hungry it will make your body get ready for food; which ends up being counter productive really. 

Alcohol

What did I say about mind altering substances? BULLSHIT! You want to stay in control, not get out of control.

Oh I know though, “it’s one drink, I’m loosening up is all,” no, if one drink loosens you up at all then you’ve just loosened your control over the Beast. 

Citris Drinks

This is a good Substitute as well, while i am sure it has something to do with the refresh of amino acids and other such vitamins and minerals, and the boost it gives to the system, plants are better at carrying spiritual energy with them after they've been processed. 

Fresh Fruits/Veggies

Now I know, the first thing you think of when you think Vampire ISN'T a Carrot stick, but you know what? If it's fresh it works wonders to have a Salad or some celery sticks or any sort of fruit and veggie on you. 

Weird but True. 

Dealing with Sleep Patterns

This is often a huge issue for Vampires. Often times they will be tired during the day and awake during the night. Midnight will come and go without the vampire even realizing it. Many people say “oh suck it up” which can work, but it’s hard to do. For most their bodies aren’t readily adaptable to daytime hours. 

Solutions: 
Try having a nap in the middle of the day, just for an hour or two, some people call this a siesta, and it does work.

The other thing to do is try energy drinks/pop during the day, and drink juice and milk at night as this will give the caffeine time to leave your system before the night comes. 

Go to bed earlier, I myself find this useful, if I need to be up in the morning I will often go to bed at around 19:00 (7:00pm) or 20:00 (8:00pm), the sun is still up for the most part and I sleep till around 04:00 or 05:00 and I often get better sleep than I were say to go to bed around 22:00 or 23:00. The earlier you can get to sleep in the day the better for you. If you can adopt a night job that’s good for dealing with it too, you have to make up your mind as to what is acceptable. 

Power Meditation works wonders, it takes around 30 minutes to an hour, and you feel like you’ve had a good nap for a few hours. Though the feeling wears off in four or five hours, it’s still worth the hour it takes to get that way if you need to work through the day.

Sunglasses/sunscreen will help if you have to be outdoors. Another outdoors technique is to leave the black clothing at home – I know I know, ‘blasphemer!’ right? It’s true – this will help you cool down.

Leave a light on when you go to sleep, and/or read until you fall asleep. This technique doesn’t work for everyone. But for some it’s a good method, just to turn on a bedside lamp and read until they fall asleep. The brighter the lamp the better it is because it will cause your eyes to strain and close more often. The more you try to stay awake often times the fast you will pass out. TV’s are often useful in the same way. There are other meditation rooted styles that people use, but I won’t go into any detail about them, there is just too many, and they’re complex to explain.

Medical Descriptions:

This is my favorite section, would you like to know why?

Of course you do.

Here is why:

Medical Descriptions of Vampirism:

That’s right, there isn’t any. Vampirism is a metaphysical condition, whether it’s satisfied by blood or prana. Don’t be fooled though, professionals have names for it, and people have tried to blame it on rare genetic disorders or diseases. So far the professionals aren’t accurate and the finger pointers have been proven idiots.

I won’t even bother with the finger pointers because they are idiots and don’t deserve the time of day, but the professionals will get some acknowledgment.

Many professionals look upon vampirism (psychic or otherwise) as a religious/spiritual belief, and they are right too. There are also loads of others who believe that those who believe themselves to be Vampires are dangerous and should seek help. Further still there are professionals that have studied/lived the Vampyre subculture and believe it to be no different from Goth.

Some recent murders (Including the triple homicide in Medicine Hat, Alberta, and one in the states several years ago) have been attributed individuals claiming to be Vampires, or individuals that the media has dubbed vampires. Whether they were or not is not for me to say, as I have never met these individuals, but it has put a few good black marks on Vampires where professionals and often the average person is concerned.

So now you see why I say that most are inaccurate, no matter how hard they try. Vampires are often too complex and backwards for even a very bright and studied person to fully understand. The truth lies somewhere in between all these accusations.

We’re no more likely to go insane that the average person provided we take care of ourselves. We can be great, we can be terrible, and we can be unnoticed. 

There isn’t one particular description of us that is correct. People a prone to generalization, and are subject to perspective. Even the Vampire/Vampyre subculture is up in arms with one another; beliefs/philosophies/conduct ranging from Vampire Church, to KinVisions, to Kheperu and everywhere in between have somewhat split the community. But as AD! stated in his article and I quoted earlier, there are different types of Vampire personalities and 99.99% of the time a Vampire will fit relatively firmly into one of them. Houses of Vampires can often be categorized the same way, as they are often filled with like minded individuals.

Donor/Vampire Relationships:
Often times with Sanguine Donor-Vampire relationships one of two things happen.

The first and most common is that the Donor is looked upon as a Sibling, and the relationship will sometimes grow to the psychic awareness not unlike the syndrome often described between identical twins where they instinctively know what the other is thinking. Though often times it goes much beyond that. The awareness of the donor to the vampire and vise versa is often high enough to detect even the most subtle changes. Often times one will choose to sacrifice him/her self for the other without second thought.

The less common type of relationship is the Dominator/Submissive relationship. Usually the Vampire ends up on top of this one, though sometimes it is the Donor who is the dominate one. This type of relationship revolves around control of the other; though the same psychic awareness is often developed it is usually ignored and/or overlooked. This type of relationship on this level is often dangerous, and “Loving Slaves” are very rare in these types of situations. Most times this type of relationship is developed with the a “Darwin Vampire” – one who believes that they are above all Mundanes – or with a “reluctant Vampire” – one who denies what they are, or tries to deny it for the ‘greater good’ – as they are the more extreme ends of the personality scale and are more subject to Dom/Sub behavior. Though some Vampires enjoy different types of Kink play, this is much different, as this extends into every aspect of both the Vampire and the Donors life.

**Side Note** The “loving Slave” is a situation where even though the slave is below the master, or considered to be, they are still ‘loved’ and defended, they are cared for and protected. **End Side Note**

**Authors Note** I don't take part in Sanguie Practices anymore, and I haven't for some time, there are many reasons but chief among them is how dangerous this practice can become. Not just for the Donor but for the Vampire. This is not a practice to be taken lightly, be serious, be safe. **End Authors Note** 

Sanguine Vampirism and it's problems

Original Link: http://www.vampire-church.com/SanguineVampirismanditsproblems.html

Written by Demonica Georges

I have found that a minority of real vampires are sanguine vampires or vampires who have a donor for blood energy at any given time. I have been a sanguine vampire although I am not one now, and I have experienced the problems and great energy that comes from the vampire donor experience.

One of the reasons that make sanguine vampirism so rare or in the minority is the difficulty a vampire has in acquiring a willing donor. A vampire has to first find a person who will even accept a relationship that requires him/her to be a donor of blood. I tend to think of this sort of relationship as a close intimate one to have with someone. It is like a sexual relationship which for most is considered a close and intimate experience that requires trust and confidence. A vampire has to have someone who is willing to give their blood in small amounts and one can imagine asking someone to do this or convincing someone and the task and difficulty of doing that successfully. Not many would even consider giving you their blood without questioning your sanity or mental health. It is like asking for sex without the misconceptions and disbelief associated with it.

If and when a vampire is able to acquire a willing donor, someone willing to cut themselves for you, then you and your donor have to address safety issues. A vampire would be smart to ask for a blood and lab workup for poisons, viruses, and other pollutants in the blood. We know just how much HIV from blood can kill which makes this even more important to the vampire. Then there is the questionnaire about diet, drinking habits, drug use and history. A diet high in fat can add lipid pollutants to the blood. Alcohol is also a pollutant that lowers the quality of the blood energy by adding high amounts of triglcerides. Drug use can really lower the quality of blood, weather it be from illegal drugs or prescription drug use. These substances can stay in the blood for some time and pass with the blood.

Being a sanguine vampire means that one has to be conscious of the quality of the blood which can be degraded by pollutants. A vampire also has to be careful to have safe blood exchange. One cannot "bite" another's skin or mouth without risk of infection. This also goes for cutting the skin with non sterile knives or needles. The safe thing to do for safe blood exchange is to use sterile tools such as lancets or sharp knives that you know are sterilized beyond doubt and cutting as little as possible of the skin of your donor by cutting areas where veins are easy to get to and rotating where you cut to avoid too much bruising or scaring of tissue.

Sometimes relationships between donors and sanguine vampires do not go well. I think it is important for others to understand that this kind of relationship takes a lot of work and effort for it to succeed without major problems. Misunderstandings can be more commonplace and lead to friction. There is a need and give exchange here that just adds on to the common problems of just having a relationship. I know that there were times I had to consider my donor's moods and willingness to give to me, and therefore sometimes I had to be patient and wait. As sanguine vampires, we have be understanding of our donor's needs and try and not be too demanding, after all donors are there for us. Abuse of that relationship can happen with too much demand without consideration of the needs and willingness of our donors, even leading to threats to control that relationship. I know with me, my donor was also my lover, and blood exchange has always been an intimate experience for me. A donor-vampire relationship just adds to the possibilities for problems by adding another ingredient to the already common problems that come from relationships that can and do occur between people. Support groups are needed for the few vampire-donor relationships that exist that already face an uphill chance for success.

I hope that the things I have gone over in this article will help the reader to better understand the difficulties and complexities associated with the life of a sanguine vampire. There are Organizations such as the Vampire Church and others that can help answer questions and give out more information about this subject. Quality and safety are real important factors here. Your health is at risk. Having a sanguine relationship with another person can be the best energy source a vampire can have. Understanding the hazards will help keep you well and safe.

How does a Sanguine feed

Original Link: https://theredcellar.com/2018/01/27/how-a-sanguivore-feeds/

[This article is not intended to encourage blood-drinking or venipuncture. If you experience any symptoms, please see your doctor. Do not attempt phlebotomy without the required training and supervision from a medical professional as you could cause significant harm. Always be wary of what you are consuming, and donors should always be properly screened. It is shared both from personal experience and my observations with how other sanguivores feed. It is NOT a ‘how to’. For the purposes of this article, ‘sanguivore’ refers to those who appear to be biologically alike in terms of traits and needs.]

We feed in a variety of ways. A polite and well-intentioned comment recently noted that many sangs use a lancet, and that they’d never heard of someone needing blood in significant quantities; while this is true for some, it is rarely true for sang. Vampyress employ a number of methods of extracting blood. Due to the volume often needed, this is most often done with venipuncture or with animal blood. I will attempt to elaborate a little more on the basics of sanguivore feeding.

Volume

This tends to be anywhere from 100ml a month to several pints a week. It depends entirely on the person. Some take the bare minimum so they aren’t at death’s door, some take as much as they can in order to thrive. A pint of human blood a month is commonplace. For the lucky ones, several pints of human blood a month has been achieved. For those who can access and thrive from animal blood, the number tends to be higher, including a quart in one sitting. Animal blood consumption can be far higher due to availability, from one pint every couple of weeks to two or three pints a week. Some prefer to take blood via. vacutainers, in which case it tends to be somewhat lower due to affordability issues; such as 50ml per week. Donors can only safely give around 450ml every 4-6 weeks, so any more than that requires several donors. 400ml roughly can be taken in a month. It is the responsibility of the sanguivore to ensure their donor gets plenty of fluids and has a high protein meal after donating. Significant quantities have been consumed in one sitting – several pints or more. I have not known this to cause stomach upset for anyone who has done so. Taking more than capacity is dangerous for all involved, in terms of health and legal risks.

How?

A variety of methods are employed, which I will attempt to cover very basically below. These are things such as contact feeding, vacutainers, free bleeds, animal blood, cannulation, and blood bags. The most common method I’ve witnessed is vacutainers and a 21g butterfly needle. Donors should practice the same techniques as with the Red Cross. Drink plenty of fluids and eat plenty of food when donating blood. Lack of fluids make blood draws challenging and can lead to more painful sticks. All blood storage requires anticoagulant and refrigeration. Please note there are far more details to each of the methods requiring phlebotomy skills to make these methods safe; please do not attempt them.

Lancets

Lancets can be the ‘go-to’ for beginner sangs whatever their need. It is a relatively safe and inexpensive way of drawing blood. A small prick on the tip of the finger will draw several drops of blood. Sterilizing the drawing site with rubbing alcohol is crucial. Gauze is used following the prick to apply pressure to the site. This is almost never enough for a sanguivore but it is a good way of putting ‘one foot in the water’ and building confidence to move on to methods that procure more blood. Diabetic lancets are too small, and thick skin medical lancets are preferred.

Contact Feeding

The next type of feeding after lancets is usually contact feeding. This is a way of achieving slightly greater yield without having to risk the dangers of phlebotomy. A scalpel is used to make a small incision on a part of the body that has dense muscle content and away from any dangerous areas; these can include the thigh, the back of the shoulder, or the chest. Once again, alcohol rubbing and sterilization is critical to donor safety. Caution is used when employing this method. A small but slightly deeper cut tends to yield more blood. Experimentation is helpful with contact feeding. It is always better to start with a very small, shallow cut and go from there (with permission of your donor).  For younger sangs, this method can result in more guilt because of the physical harm being done to procure blood. This tends to be one of the most ‘satisfying’ types of feeding, but with needs of many sanguivores, it isn’t sustainable. Blood can’t be stored, nor can it be taken over longer periods of time even with live-in donors. It would also result in many cuts and scars for the donor with high need; also not sustainable. Cuts are never done around major veins or arteries as this could result in serious harm to your donor. 

Vacutainers

This is a common method employed by sanguivores. An 18g-21g butterfly needle is often the size used for this method as the median cubital vein in the inner elbow is the commonly used site. 21g (the smaller) needle tends to be the recommended size as it’s easier to work with, and a bigger size is generally not needed as it fills the same size vial all the same. Many can shy away from the vacutainer method as it is the first that many sanguivores have used that requires phlebotomy skills and sticking someone with a needle often evokes anxiety. This can be overcome with extensive training, courses and knowledge. The inner elbow is rubbed with alcohol to sanitize the site and tourniquet applied. Good practice includes wearing medical gloves for the procedure. I will not describe the details here as I do not want to encourage the untrained to practice this method. Suffice to say, the needle is inserted into the median cubital vein. Blood will ‘flash’ in the needle letting the user know that they have hit the vein. A vacutainer is inserted into the vacutainer holder at the end of tubing, and blood is pulled into the vacutainer by the vacuum. Anyone who has had blood drawn has seen this method. Different people use different types of vials, and different types of vials allow for different lengths of storage. Vials and the equipment tend to be expensive. Commonly used vials are green tops (heparin – allows storage for roughly one week) and purple tops (EDTA –  allows storage for roughly one month). This method, done correctly, causes minimal to zero pain for the donor. There are also safety concerns to be taken into consideration regarding additives when using the different types of vials. For further information on the vial additives and their safety for human consumption, please see ‘Additives Used in Blood: Variable Safety for Human Consumption‘.

Blood bags

Blood bags contain CPDA, an anticoagulant which stores blood for roughly a month and is safe for human consumption. Blood bags require a large 16 gauge needle. Unlike vacutainers, there is no vacuum to pull blood into the bag; only gravity. Because of the bag needing a pint to be full and the lack of a vacuum, the needle has to be sufficiently large to extract enough blood in time. If the stick is not correct or the donor is having bad flow making it take too long, blood can coagulate in the tubing making filling the bag impossible. Good practice includes putting an electronic scale on the floor with the bag placed on top, the donor sitting upright in a chair and letting the blood flow with gravity into the bag, as well as prior application of a tourniquet, sterilization of the area with rubbing alcohol and wearing medical gloves. The electronic scale allows for precise measurement and donating can stop once the 450ml capacity is reached, as it can be difficult to gauge just exactly when the bag is full or not. It prevents taking too much blood. Due to the size of the needle, this method can be intimidating for both sanguivore and donor alike; yet it is a very cost-effective way of accumulating significant volumes of human blood and storing them for a longer amount of time. The stick can be more painful and described as a ‘sting’. As a cost comparison, estimated prices can go from $5 for a blood bag to store 450ml of blood, compared to a crate of 100 x 10ml vacutainers (that can store roughly twice that amount) for $70+. Some sangs then drink directly from the bag like a juice drink, some prefer to drink it in a glass like coffee. With the inexperienced and untrained, attempting this method can cause significant damage.

Cannulation (IV)

Anyone who has ever been to a hospital should be familiar with IntraVenous (IV) cannulation. The needles can vary in size depending on which part of the body they are to be used on. The difference is that these contain a flexible cannula which remains in the vein and a ‘tap’. These are used in a hospital setting due to the flexibility of the cannula meaning it can remain in someone’s vein for a longer period of time versus the stick and removal of a needle, particularly if over a longer period of time and taking blood is intermittent. Sanguivores have sometimes used these when taking a lot of blood, but it is an advanced and particular technique. Untrained attempts are dangerous and with respect to donor safety, should never be attempted.

Free Bleeds

Often noted as one of the most satisfying types of feeding along with contact feeding. Most of the methods described above can turn into a free bleed. The end of tubing with the vacutainer method can be detached from a vacutainer holder and taped down to the forearm, allowing blood to flow down the forearm. Other methods include cutting the tubing with a blood bag and taping it in place, allowing it to flow freely down the forearm (this would flow very quickly, so it couldn’t be for long), or ‘turning on the tap’ with a cannula. Of course, this gets messy quickly so towels are used. Sangs should never place their mouths at the other end of the ‘hole’ as this could lead to complications and infections for the donor; only licking it up from the forearm. 

Syringe

I’ve heard once or twice of some sanguivores using a syringe to extract blood and then using that to fill a cup. In my experience, the long, straight needle can be unnecessarily tricky to use and it’s easier to just use a butterfly needle.

There is one more I DO NOT SUPPORT

Animal blood from an incent animal and wasting the meat. Humans can chose to allow you to have there blood by being generous and you wont be killing them but you cannot do that with animals

Complications and Risks

Needless to say, almost all of these methods carry with them severe risks. With cutting, cuts can go too deep and seriously injure a donor or worse. All types of venipuncture carry significant risks. These can include a hematoma, embolism, phlebitis, syncope, arterial puncture, and more. Hematomas can be treated with ice, pressure and elevation. Again, this should never be attempted without the required training and experience. Many sanguivores, out of necessity, have undergone professional training and courses, along with many years of practice. Uncooked animal blood can contain parasites among other contaminants, so drinking it carries risks.

Do not try this at home.

[Once again, disclaimer; this article is intended only to illustrate the lives of sanguivores and the techniques/resources employed to thrive with high need. It does not intend to speak for all sanguivores, but only observations over a prolonged period of time. Be wary of anything you consume and properly screen donors. It does not constitute medical advice or encourage anyone to replicate the techniques above. Any attempt to recreate anything mentioned in this article is done so at the reader’s own risk and volition.] 

Comments
  1. No comments yet. Be the first to post a comment.

Moon Phase Today

V-TempleUVUP
***Discord Chat***

Now First Wednesday of the month from

7:30 PM EST till 9PM EST.

UNLESS it is on the 3rd it will then be on Wednesday

JOIN US HERE

This website is powered by Spruz