WH – This week has two notable online events.
Covenant of the Goddess (CoG) is hosting their monthly, Wednesday with Witches on April 7, 2021, beginning at 5:30 PM (PDT). CoG’s monthly discussion is a gathering for members of various Pagan, Witch, and Wiccan communities who are interested in magical activities and events that impact everyone.
The scheduled topic of this month’s discussion will center around the upcoming Earth Day on April 22, and this year’s theme, “Restore Our Earth.”
The CoG event anticipates the upcoming Earth Day events by EarthDay.org which has scheduled a three-day, online event for this year centered on climate action that will begin on April 20 with a “global youth climate summit led by Earth Uprising, in collaboration with My Future My Voice, OneMillionOfUs, and hundreds of youth climate activists.” The second day is slated to be focused on education and “the crucial role educators play in combating climate change” and then culminating on April 22, Earth Day with a variety of virtual live events that include workshops, panel discussions, and performances.
* * *
The Satanic Temple is offering its first World Congress on Moral Panic: A Virtual Conference Regarding Conspiracism and Pseudoscience in the Age of QAnon.
The conference is scheduled to begin at 3:30 PM (EDT) on April 9 and runs through April 12, featuring workshops and panels ranging from exploring past conspiracies and moral panics to current events connected to QAnon and other religion-based panics.
Faction Hall, a virtual forum and conference hall is part of the larger Satanic Estate which includes The Satanic Temple Virtual Headquarters, design specifically to feel like being in a building. TST describes the site as, “The Estate is designed to feel like a Victorian mansion with a series of buildings, the illuminati labyrinth that never was. It’s unlike anything else that exists and was built on by Satan-adjacent friends of Lucien named Morgane Ciot, Andrew Hall and other wonderful folks. It is owned and operated by Winstonian Enterprises with religious devotion to The Satanic Temple.”
TST’s Grey Faction is the official name of their campaign that is “dedicated to ending the ongoing Satanic Panic in the mental health field.” Grey Faction’s mission is “opposing the use of harmful practices in the mental health field, especially recovered memory therapy which can lead patients to ‘recover’ memories of Satanic ritual abuse, alien abduction, CIA mind control, and reptilian extraterrestrials long after the scientific community has debunked and warned of the dangers of these techniques and the conspiracy theories they fuel. We focus attention on therapeutic malpractice by exposing conspiracy therapists, our term for mental health professionals who subscribe to conspiracy theories of Satanic ritual abuse and practice recovered memory therapy as well as other discredited modalities.” They note conversion therapy as one such discredited modality.
♦ ♦ ♦
CAIRO, Egypt – On Saturday Cairo saw an extraordinary event take place that incorporated a level of pageantry that is usually not seen when a new museum opens. Dubbed the “The Royal Event” by some Egyptian media outlets, The Pharaohs’ Golden Parade was a procession that was designed to highlight the transport of the mummified remains of 22 pharaohs from the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir to the new National Museum of Egyptian Civilization. The procession of 18 kings and four queens was done in the order of succession beginning with the 17th Dynasty ruler, Seqenenre Taa II, and ending with Ramses IX, who reigned in the 12th Century BC.
Two of the ancient kings and queens whose passage was most anticipated were Ramses II, and Queen Hatshepsut, the second woman to become pharaoh, and fifth pharaoh of the Eighteenth Dynasty of Egypt, circa 1478 B.C.E. The Golden Parade included a large drum corps, mounted cavalry, men and women adorned with headdresses and wearing colorful robes carrying what appeared to be glowing offerings, horse-drawn chariots, and finally the pharaohs. For the transport, each pharaoh in their sarcophagus was contained in a nitrogen gas-filled box to protect them from the environment, and then loaded into a custom-designed vehicle, fitted with special shock absorbers to help prevent and jostling. The vehicles had been decorated to resemble royal chariots.
The roads along the 3-mile parade route had been re-paved to ensure a smooth passage, and that no damage occurred to the ancient travelers.
The entire event was broadcast live and was a dazzling display of Egyptian and world heritage.
In other news:
- The First Polestari of Marion announced it is holding its fire festival, Kithaka Dun 2021, as an in-person event that runs from April 30 – May 2. The event is limited to 75 attendees and has COVID-19 protocols in place that include mandatory mask wearing for all indoor spaces, except personal cabins. Registration for vendors closes on April 9th, and for attendees on April 16th. The First Polestari of Marion was granted its charter in February of 2020, and follows the neo-Pagan path of Primali which is “focused on the idea of the primal Forces and their constant effects on humankind.”
- Circle Sanctuary announced that the 41st annual Pagan Spirit Gathering (PSG) has opened registration for 2021. The event will be held virtually for the second year in a row due to the pandemic and concerns about the emergence of variants of the SARS-CoV-2 the virus that causes COVID-19. The festival runs from June 25 – 27 and will have a variety of programming that will be accessible on a variety of platforms.
- The Hekate Symposium: 2021 Online Edition The Gathering of the Priesthood, Witches & Devotees of the Triple Goddess of the Crossroads will offer its first-ever virtual event. The symposium runs from May 22, through to the evening of May 23, 2021, and coincides with the 11th annual celebration of the Rite of Her Sacred Fires (May Full Moon) which was first celebrated in May 2010 and will be marked with live ceremonial contributions from around the world. The programming will feature scholarly presentations, as well as those that center on magical practices, and will also include meditations and ceremonies. Ticket prices for the event are based on the principle of what in Ancient Anatolia were known as “equality meals” offered in the names of Hekate and Zeus–meals provided so that a person could eat no matter their economic status. All tickets allow for the same access.
- The EarthSpirit Community also has registration open for their 43rd Rites of Spring which is scheduled for May 26 – 31, 2021 with a registration deadline of May 7, 2021. The event will be a virtual event again this year, due to pandemic concerns. The theme for this year is “Re-emergence.” EarthSpirit also offers financial aid programs for those who wish to attend virtually, but are experiencing financial hardship.
- Sherwin-Williams has introduced a zodiac-inspired collection of paint colors that they say considered the influences for each of the twelve astrological signs from the air signs of Aquarius, Gemini, and Libra; water signs of Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio; fire signs of Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius; and the earth signs of Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo.
Bats have been in the news again over the past few weeks, both for their possible connection to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, and the important role they play in keeping the environment balanced as pollinators, controlling insect populations, and even their impact on global finance. One bat biologist, Merlin Tuttle, sets a great example for finding ways to help protect bat populations and teaching people around the world how important they are as a species.
JP Vanir says "LEAVE THE BATS ALONE BLAME THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SPREADING IT BATS DO NOT KNOW ANY BETTER!"
This website is powered by Spruz